Adding a silver fence to a landscape is one of the easiest of our card making ideas, yet it is so effective because that simple shiny image immediately grabs the viewer's attention. That's what we want to achieve and that's what the recipient loves!
Let's do it together now....
Click on any image to make it larger.
Click again to return to this page.
1. Silver fences make eye-catching detail when used against a dark background. For this example, I'm using the Deer in the Woods painting.
It's OK without the fence but I prefer to enhance it with the fence and hope that then folks will notice the well camouflaged deer!
I'll use the Hybrid Gel Roller for this effect.
2. This is too easy, I draw the uprights of the fence in seconds.
3. Then I connect them with cross pieces. I think of them as "equals" signs.
4. The fences can be softened by foliage or flowers at their base. I pop two or three dots of green or flower colors.
5. Here she is!
6. If you have a light background where a fence would look good, such as in a snow scene, just switch to a dark color. The color isn't critical, just make sure you've got good contrast.